Friday, August 15, 2008

Go Team USA!!


OK...is it just me or is anyone else consumed with the Olympics?? I'm staying up way too late every night to catch the latest. I'm taping what I can't be home to watch and watching it later.

I know the US has 14 Gold, 13 Silver and 19 Bronze medals. WOW! I am so proud of our athletes. And how about the women gymnasts, especially Shawn Johnson she is so talented... and they took Gold and Silver in the All-around. Not to mention Michael Phelps being the greatest swimmer in HISTORY and the women's 2 on 2 volleyball team, are they something, or what? And did anyone else see the men's swimming team 4 X100 Freestyle Relay? When Jason Lezak came up on the French guy (sorry, I don't know his name), I was out of my seat screaming at the TV! After all of the remarks the French team made, I was so excited for the US team...they really deserved it!

OK...OK...I know I'm a little too addicted. Better this than other things I guess. :-)

I pray all of the athletes are focusing on the these things...

"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you." Psalm 37:3-5

Whew...I've gotta go...it's starting in like 6 minutes and I don't want to miss it!

Blessings!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have been consumed with the olympics. I have been so tired this week at work from lack of sleep. I have loved every minute of it. Go Phelps!!!! Shawn Johnson, Natashia Lukin, May/Treanor and Walsh, Dahausser/Rogers all with Gold.

Did you hear that they may disqualify two of China's girls gymastics because surprise they may not be 16. If so USA will take the gold.

It is nice to meet a fellow olypic watcher.
I am a friend of Wanda's I have heard so many things about you. All good.
Marilyn