Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's a new day...and a new year...

OK...it's August 13th. I've just gone my first full day of the school year. Nathan left this morning looking waaayyyy to grown up.

There was no lunch to make, no planner to sign, no rush to get breakfast...I actually slept in a little. Wait a minute...is there really something wrong with that. NO! It felt pretty good really. But, it has been waaayyy too quiet around here today! I miss them already. :-)

My boys are growing up and they don't need me as much now...as much as I thought it would make me weepy, it actually feels kinda GOOD! Before you judge me or decide I'm the worst Mom on the planet, please know I've dedicated the last 17 years to my boys. We've been through the cub scouts, science projects, PTO, Little League and the latest adventures of Tennis for Nathan and Wrestling for Nicholas!

I'm so blessed they are becoming fine young men who have a heart for God and a desire to please him. They truly are young men after His heart. And, for that, I consider myself blessed beyond measure.

As the new year begins for our kids and students everywhere, it is critical we cover them in prayer. Reminding them daily of God's love for them and ours as well. Although, we are sure they know it, say it...often! The world we live in today is so full of temptations and peer pressure. They need to know, no matter what, we are there for them. We will always be honest with them and above all go to God's word for guidance. Lead by example. Psalm 78:4 says ~ "We will not hide these truths from our children but will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord. We will tell of His power and the mighty miracles He did."

Go to Him in prayer and petition for your kids and the other students they are with everyday. Pray, too, for the teachers and administration. They are with our kids most of the day and have such an influence on them.

We are blessed to have our boys enrolled in a Christian school, so we don't have to deal with a lot of the issues of public school, but the pressure is still there to "fit in" and "be cool".

Lord, you know our hearts desire is for our children to know You. Lift your hedge of protection around them tall and strong. Protect their minds and hearts from the worldly things that are unpleasing to you and help them to seek Your face in all they do. Shining a light so bright others will be drawn to them to find out why they are so different. In Your Son's Name I pray...Amen.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Sweet words from a sweet mom!
Thanks for being a godly mom for the world to see. My kids and I appreciate that.
This is going to be a great year!
GO CLASS OF 09!!!
That's the first time I've used those words. It's always seemed so far away til now......
I'll miss him!
Love you
Anne Shirley with an "e"